The course of study at TA Prep covers eight years, divided into the Elementary School (grades K-5) and the Middle School (grades 6-8).
The curriculum incorporates the requirements of the Maryland State Department of Education and the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists. Bible classes are an integral part of the curriculum at every grade level. Each class is taught by a Christian teacher who believes in the concept of salvation as taught by the Seventh-day Adventist Church and builds into his/her lesson plans a philosophy of Christian living that lifts the secular to a level that includes moral and spiritual values.
The school provides full and part-time instruction in the following areas:
- The Basics - reading, mathematics, science, social studies, language arts, and Bible;
- Fine Arts - art, music theory and organizations for band, hand bells, strings, and choir;
- Physical Education - individual and team activities;
- Library Science - a part-time librarian directs our school library of more than 10,000 volumes plus a large collection of movies, videos, etc.
- Computer Literacy - all students receive instruction and practical hands-on experience in the computer lab.
- Spanish – All students will be taught introductory Spanish.
TA Prep also adheres to the Journey to Excellence program developed by the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists. The Journey to Excellence (J2E) encompasses:
- Vision, shared values, and common goals.
- Clear understanding of the philosophy, history, and goals of Adventist education.
- Utilization of the growing body of research on effective education.
- Educational leaders and governing boards who create school cultures that encourage innovation without fear of failure.
- Renewing cycle of improvement in Adventist schools.
The J2E contemplates that teachers will offer a cohesive curriculum which enables students to see connections between the many fields of learning by:
- Integrating faith throughout the curriculum.
- Building connections within a discipline/subject area and to other related areas including co-curricular activities.
- Cooperating with other teachers in integrating curriculum between disciplines/subject areas and grade levels.
Schedule a School Tour
Experience how TA Prep can truly be a life-changing decision for your child.